A most worthy recipient, Master Daniel Sng is the President of the International Taekwon-Do Federation Singapore (ITFS), Founder and Chief Instructor of Island Taekwon-Do Centre (ITC). He is currently a 7th degree black belt and has been teaching for over 43 years.
Master Sng has supported Taekwon Do ITF organizations and events throughout the Asia-Pacific region over many years.
The International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF) recognises him as an international master instructor and examiner. He is also a registered martial arts instructor with the Ministry Of Education (MOE) and a certified sports coach with the National Standards for Youth Sports (NSYS).
1968: Started training Taekwon-Do
1973: Attained 1st degree black belt under Director Lee Jung Nam of the Korea Tae Kwon Do Bong Hwa Gymnasium
1993: Organiser of the 1st Singapore ITF International Instructor Course (IIC), conducted by the Founder of Taekwon-Do
2004: Coach of Singapore’s 1st Taekwon-Do ITF World Championship Medalist, Umpire at the Historic ITF World Championships in South Korea, Travelled to both parts of Korea
• International Master Instructor & Examiner, 7th Degree Black Belt (Cert no. SIN-7-1000), International Taekwon-Do Federation
• ITF Umpire “A” Certification (No. 540)
• Registered Martial Arts Instructor with the Ministry Of Education (MOE)
• Certified Sports Coach with the National Standards for Youth Sports (NSYS)
• NCAP Level 1 Theory Certificate Singapore Sports Council
• Martial Art Control Unit license (no. I-1006)
Besides teaching Taekwon-Do, Master Sng is also well versed in Hapkido. He is the Founder and Chief Instructor of Sun Hapkido Academy Singapore (SHAS), which is affiliated to Hapkidowon – World Hapkido Headquarters (WHH). Under Hapkidowon, he is the Head of Public Relations for South East Asia and currently holds a 5th degree black belt. He is recognised as an international master instructor & examiner.