Training Principles of Taekwon-Do
Students should keep in mind the following training principles when performing the fundamental movements of Taekwon-Do. These are also referred in General Choi’s book at the ‘Training Secrets of Taekwon-Do’.
1) To study the theory of power thoroughly.
2) To understand the purpose and method of each movement clearly.
3) To bring the action of eyes, hands, feet and breath into one single coordinated action.
4) To choose the appropriate attacking tool for each vital spot.
5) To become familiar with the correct angle and distance for attack and defence.
6) Keep both the arms and legs bent slightly while movement is in motion.
7) All movements must begin with a backward motion with very few exceptions. However, once the movement is in motion it should not be stopped before reaching the target.
8) To create a sine wave during the movement by utilizing the knee spring properly.
9) To exhale briefly at the moment of each blow excepting a connecting motion.
From the works of General Choi Hong Hi, Founder of Taekwon-Do
In addition to links on the resources pages, you may also like to consider our series of Ebooks in our Online Store.
Our E-books come with detailed instructional information, step by step descriptions and video link to all sequences.
Website sponsored by – Global Fitness Institute