Students should keep in mind the following principles when performing the fundamental movements of Taekwon-Do:
1) To study the theory of power thoroughly.
2) To understand the purpose and method of each movement clearly.
3) To bring the action of eyes, hands, feet and breath into one single coordinated action.
4) To choose the appropriate attacking tool for each vital spot.
5) To become familiar with the correct angle and distance for attack and defence.
6) Keep both the arms and legs bent slightly while movement is in motion.
7) All movements must begin with a backward motion with very few exceptions. However, once the movement is in motion it should not be stopped before reaching the target.
8) To create a sine wave during the movement by utilizing the knee spring properly.
9) To exhale briefly at the moment of each blow excepting a connecting motion.
In addition to links on the resources pages, you may also like to consider our series of Ebooks in our Online Store. Our ebooks come with detailed instructional information, step by step descriptions and video link to all sequences.
Website sponsored by – Global Fitness Institute